Why is Fisheye indexing information before set revision that has been excluded?

We set up a Subversion repository in Fisheye and excluded a directory called "!deprecated". Then we set the initial import revision to be 12696. Many folders and files were copied into "!deprecated" in revisions BEFORE 12565, but on the initial import Fisheye wants to index all of these old files and folders in their former locations, even though they were moved before the set revision. Why? This is causing our index to take an unreasonable amount of time - now going on 5 days. It's reading that it's creating changest 12695, which I guess it has to do before it can start indexing at 12696, but why is it including folders and files that were moved into an excluded location before 12696? If it didn't do this, the index would've been done days ago.

2 answers

I meant to say BEFORE 12696 - don't know why I said 12565.

0 vote
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Sep 18, 2013

In the Admin section, what "Initial Import" option have you got set?

Admin --> Repositories --> <repo> --> SCM Details --> Initial Import

Ensure that you have "Do not import" set.

I did have it set to "Do not import". That's one of the reasons it's concerning me.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Trello

Alice Camilla on organizing your work/life/fandoms with Trello!

@Alice Camilla is a university student, currently writing her MA thesis in Archaeology. She's also a freelance blogger and content creator, writing about geeky stuff from productivity apps to JR...

39 views 1 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you