Why do the repo stats report the latest commit date incorrectly?

Martin Rowe March 15, 2015

We're running crucible/fisheye 3.7.0 against svn 1.6.12.

When viewing the overall repo stats, the unexpected last commit date is not matching the surrounding Line History nor the user commit activity.

If a specific file is selected within a repo the date corresponds correctly.  

See the screen shot below with highlighted entries in yellow.

crucible-stats2.PNG

Why is this?

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Rowe March 16, 2015

Thanks for your reply Tini.

Sounds reasonable, without further input I'll consider this context to be the root, not an overall summary.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2015

Mine does the same thing and I've idly wondered about this in the past, too.  I couldn't find anything in the documentation about this sidebar.  Commits this Week and Net Changes in LoC this week both appear to be accurate, though. 

My best guess is that "Stats: Last Commit" only recognizes commit activity against root itself regardless of the filter you've selected, thereby ignoring all commits to subfolders (in our case Subversion, with trunk, tags and branches off root).  When I actually looked at the commits on the date of our "Last Commit" for two of our repos, that was the last time changes were made directly to root to setup this structure. 

That said, I bet this is a bug, as it is failing to recognize the filter.

(And yes, our repos have accurate Symbolic Rules defined.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events