Why are links in fisheye disabled?

david kreuter March 10, 2015

If I try to search trough my repositories in fisheye and get the correct results, but cannot click on the displayed file links, because they are faded (disabled). See the screenshotfisheye_file_list.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
david kreuter March 12, 2015

This is really odd. I expect the same behaviour you described in the comment. Unfortunately, there is no loading indicator and the links are disabled forever. It seems that only my user is affected by this strange effect. I will review the permission and have a look into the log files.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

What web browser do you use and what version of FishEye do you have? Is the browser supported by this particular FishEye version? See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Supported+platforms for the browsers supported in the current, 3.7 version. Also, does the problem happen intermittently, or rather every time you perform a search? Do you see any JavaScript errors reported?

Fisheye: 3.5.1 (yes I know we have to upgrade Smile :) ) FF 36.0.1 (not working) IE: 9.0.8112 (works surprisingly) For my user it happens always in FF, does not matter which repository, search query, etc. I'm really confused. Also no js error in FF.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2015

I just checked on FF36.0 on Mac OS, seems working fine. Can you check with your firefox our instance: https://fisheye2.atlassian.com/qsearch?q=abc please? Let me know what OS are you on too.

I'm using Windows7. Your provided links work fine, the loading indicator appear so a sec, then the search result links are displayed as normal links. I have already tried to delete the whole browser cache and restarted the instance, but with no success

Wait a sec, I have always used the same pinned tab for my testing. I have closed this tab and after performing the same search it worked. Thanking you for the support!

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2015

Excellent news @david kreuter, glad you got it working eventually

1 vote
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2015

Hi @david kreuter,

The result of the previous query are greyed out when you search for a new phrase.  This is intentional, it avoids confusion that one could assume current search completed and its results were displayed.  In fact you should notice, center of the result window, a rotating spinner indicating the current search has not completed yet.

Just wait for the results to come back and you would see clickable result list.

Hope that helps,
Piotr 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events