Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do the shades of blue next to lines of code mean in a crucible review?

Edward Scott January 27, 2015

When I view a crucible review that contains just a single revision (i.e. no diff available) I see some color coding on the left side next to each line of code. Some items are dark blue with the revision # and the committer's name. It appears that these are the lines introduced in the most recent revision. Is that accurate? If so, then what are the other shades of blue? I see several lighter shades of blue next to other lines. I looked through the confluence documentation but was not able to find any description of these.

blue-shades.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

Hi Edward,

In FishEye, when viewing file contents you can control Annotation Highlighting.   Default is "Age" (darker colour means newer revision), but you can switch to "Author" (lines committed by different authors would have different colour) or "None" to disable colouring.  This is explained here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Viewing+file+content and can be seen for example on this page: https://fisheye1.atlassian.com/browse/firebird/manual/ReadMe?r=1.6

In Crucible to keep the UI simpler option to change Annotation Highlighting is not rendered and colouring by "Age" is effective.  The meaning is the same, the darker the colour the more recent revision touched those particular lines.

Hope that helps,
Piotr 

0 votes
Edward Scott January 28, 2015

I just noticed that your response is about Fisheye. My question was specifically about code reviews in Crucible. I assume that is the same? Is that something that the author of the code review can control?

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2015

See the second paragraph of my answer, I've explained how this affect Crucible. I started with explaining FishEye behaviour in the first paragraph just to give you the full context of this feature. Hope that helps, Piotr

Edward Scott January 29, 2015

So you do! I overlooked that initially, I apologize.

0 votes
Edward Scott January 28, 2015

Thank you! Very helpful, thanks for including links to the relevant documentation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events