Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users and Groups in FishEye

Vladimir Belorusets October 31, 2012

JIRA has a role of a Project Administrator. He can assign users/groups to the Users (read) and Developers (read/write) roles.

In FishEye, a project is equivalent to a repository.

Is it possible to create a user in FishEye, like a Project Administrator in JIRA, who can create groups and assign members to those groups for one repository only? Unlike FishEye admin, this is just one repository admin.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Douglas Fabretti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2012

Hi Vladimir.

Currently there is no such feature, I did a research in our http://jira.atlassian.com and wasn't able to find any related Feature Requests.

There is already a JAC opened for that:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-833

I suggest you to watch and vote on it so you can get updated about any changes.

Sorry for not being able to help you at this time.

Best Regards,
Douglas Fabretti
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2012

Hi Vladimir,

You can define a user as administrator in FishEye by going to FishEye Administration > Security Settings > Administrators.

Any administrator in FishEye is able to create groups and associate other users with this newly-created group. To do so, please go to FishEye Administration > Security Settings > Groups.

Then, to restrict access to a repository only to this group created above, you can go to FishEye Administration > Repository Settings > Repositories, click on the repository name, click on the Permissions tab on the left side, disable the "Use repository defaults" option, and select only that specific group.

Please let us know if you need further clarifications.

Cheers,
Felipe Kraemer

Vladimir Belorusets November 1, 2012

Hi, Felipe:

Let me restate my question.

In JIRA, we have a Project Admin role. A FishEye administrator is equivalent to a JIRA administrator.

Is it possible to create a role of a Repository Admin who can create groups and assign members to them just for that repo he is admin for? FishEye admin is an admin for ALL repos which differs from what I'm asking.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events