Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from crucible 1.6.6 to version 3.4

nishant kakkarayil June 9, 2014

I am trying to upgrade from 1.6.6 to version 3.4. In 1.6.6 we did not use a database fo crucible. The data was stored in a local directory. The instructions i see to upgrade to 3.4 make a reference to backing up the data from the admin panel. I do not see this option in 1.6.6. i only see the option to back up configuration files.

What is the way to upgrade from 1.6.6? How do i get the data files into a db during the installation of 3.4?

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2014

Hi Nishant,

If you use the FISHEYE_INST environment variable in FishEye/Crucible 1.6.6, your data is stored inside the directory referenced by this variable.

It usually would be just a matter of shutting down the old instance and starting up the new instance. Backing up FISHEYE_INST before starting the new instance is recommended.

If the upgrade fails, please consider trying to do intermediate upgrades, like this: 1.6.6 > 2.0 > 2.5 > 2.7 > 3.4. Just remember to create a new backup from FISHEYE_INST before upgrading to the next version.

Needless to say, but just in case, it's strongly recommended to try this in a test environment first.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events