Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Fisheye and the private key must be upgraded to access a Mercurial repository via SSH

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

Each time I have upgraded either Fisheye, Fisheye is no longer able to index those repositories until I re-upload the private key I had generated for it.

I followed the upgrade instructions and copied over the /var /cache and config.xml to the new instance. What can I do to not have to re-upload the private key for each repository I have Fisheye watching?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Yu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

I split my FishEye install folder and FishEye data folder into two separate locations to make upgrades easier.

The SSH keys are stored here:

FISHEYE_DATA/data/auth/

Make sure when you upgrade, those keys are on your new version.

Jay Barra
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2011

Next time I upgrade I'll try that. It's getting to the point where it's more than an inconvenience to go through and re-upload the private key to all of the individual repositories. Thanks

2 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2011

Thanks for pointing out this issue, we'll update the upgrade guide to include instructions on how to copy the SSH keys to the new version.

Another option is to split your installation into a FISHEYE_INST and a FISHEYE_HOME directory. That way, upgrading to a new version is as simple as backing up your FISHEYE_INST directory, unzipping the new version and starting FishEye from the new location.

More information on using a separate FISHEYE_INST directory can be found here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events