Upgrading Fisheye/Crucible to 3.2.0, error when communicating with git repositories using SSH

I cannot use the upload private ssh key method as it always fails to save the private key. I tried generating a pair of keys (as recommended), I placed the public key in my user on Stash. whenever I test the connection it fails.

Error testing connection.
CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:385)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:136)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1022)
at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.createDefaultProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:196)

Connection failed.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Dec 05, 2013

Which file can the system not find?

If you are running FishEye on windows, you may have hit https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-4984 which has been fixed in 3.2.1.

Otherwise we will need to see more of you stacktrace and logs. Also please ensure tha the git executable is still available on your instance to the fisheye runuser.

Feel free to raise a support request immediately and reference this question with more information and logs if you don't wish to add those things publicly here.

Hi Nick,

We upgraded on Friday and that seems to have fixed our problem. Thanks!

Hi Nick,

Thanks for answering so quickly. I am going to try upgrading to 3.2.1 and see if that fixes the problem. If it does not I will update this question with more logs and more information. As to your question "Which file can the system not find?" I am guessing it can't find "echo" I have no idea. Here are more errors

Caused by: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessNotStartedException: echo could not be started

at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.start(ExternalProcessImpl.java:256)

at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.execute(ExternalProcessImpl.java:377)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.util.FileSystemUtils.privatise(FileSystemUtils.java:71)

... 165 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "echo": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1041)

at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.createDefaultProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:196)

at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.createProcess(ExternalProcessImpl.java:204)

at com.atlassian.utils.process.ExternalProcessImpl.start(ExternalProcessImpl.java:253)

Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Dec 08, 2013

Hi Rick,

That definitely looks like the same bug as fixed in 3.2.1. Can you please try 3.2.1 and update this question with the result.

Thanks,

Nick

I'm having git/gitolite communication errors on Crucible 3.1.5. I generated SSH keys, and uploaded the public key per gitolite convention. But when testing the connection I get this error:

Fisheye is using '/usr/bin/ssh' to authenticate with SSH authenticated repositories.

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:148)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:444)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:567)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

Connection failed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

The 7 hacks of highly successful automation

...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...

42 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you