Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Off Crucible pop-up in lower right corner of browser window

Michael Taliaferro January 9, 2014

How does one go about turning off the pop-up window in the lower right corner of the Crucible Review stating:

Thank you!

-Michael

5 answers

0 votes
Jeff Compton February 15, 2018

I won't say that I don't like this feature, but I don't like it being on the code window.  Perhaps if it was at the bottom of the file tree, that would be better.  Also, I don't like seeing notifications that someone else is viewing the review.  It seems pointless in general, but in my case, usually the people reviewing are sitting across the table from me, so I already know who is viewing the review.  It would be nice to disable certain types of notifications, like in my case, who is viewing the review.

0 votes
Royston Day July 13, 2016

I would also be interested in knowing how to disable these 'review updated' popups.  I tried using the custom style indicated, but to no effect.  I have limited web development experience, so it may be that I'm not applying it correctly (I was using Stylish for Firefox).

> "Is there something specific that's bothering you about it?"

It can be a constant, annoying distraction from the task at hand.  I've some fairly complex new code to review, which I thought would take me between half a day and a day.  I'm now two and a half days into the review and I'm barely two thirds of the way through the code.  Simultaneously, there are several reviewers commenting on the code and also the author.  This means that this pop up is occurring literally every five seconds or so, driving me to distraction.  After fighting with Crucible for quite some time, in the end I had to resort to checking the development branch out and reviewing the code in my editor, making review comment notes as I went to transfer them to Crucible later.  This makes the review process slower and, for modified (rather than new) code, more difficult, as you lose the change markup which Crucible provides.

As one developer to another, I have a question for you; what lead you to make the decision that every single one of your end users would want this feature to be permanently on, with no option to configure it in any way?  Whilst it can be very useful feature to have at times, there are other times when it does little other than hinder and obstruct the review process.

Jeff Winget August 11, 2016

I'm getting the same feedback from my Crucible users. Constant popups may be useful in some cases, but in others it's just another source for overload. We need a preference that would allow you to turn them off - either for the current review session or for all sessions.

0 votes
Steve Schwarz February 4, 2016

I sure wish this "feature" could be disabled! It is very distracting to have dozens of notifications appear when trying to focus on the code under review.

0 votes
Michael Taliaferro January 14, 2014

Lukasz,

After following your advice and installing 'Stylish' (since I use Chrome), and putting in the custom style with this suggestion you linked, the status notifications still persist:-( After digging into it a little bit, it could be due to Javascript running and reloading these notifications. Stylish appears to not re-execute when Javascripts makes updates to the same URL?

Any other ideas/thoughts?

The reason I would like the ability to turn this off is the notifications are distracting to me and I would prefer to 'poll' the added comments at my leisure and not be constantly notified.

Thanks again,

-Michael

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2014

Hi Micheal,

there isn't currently a built-in option to turn the pop-up off. It's meant to notify you that there are important changes to the review. You can dismiss it once, by using the 'ignore' button.

Is there something specific that's bothering you about it?

If you really want it gone, you could use a custom user style to hide it in your browser. Something like

#review-updated-warning {
     display: none;
}

should do the trick. The way to apply user styles differs depending on your browser. See http://userstyles.org/for some more info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events