Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Crucible Reviews from one repository to another

Cajus Hahn September 6, 2017

We have to move from Mercurial to Git for all our repositories.

Transfer is not a problem, but we have numerous code reviews in Crucible, which are bound to this Mercurial repositories.

We must not loose the reviews and would like to re-connect the reviews to the migrated Git repos.

It looks like Crucible binds a review to the repository and to the changeset in some way. I am pretty sure, there is no automated way to rebind the reviews, but could anybody tell me, which database table and which column I would have to modify to rebind the reviews to the Git repositories?

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

May I ask you why do you want to rebind code reviews?

Can't old reviews be linked with Mercurial repositories, while new ones created against new Git repositories?

Did you consider storing content of file revisions under review? Crucible has such option:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/storing-all-revisions-under-review-298977548.html

thanks to this, you will be still able to see review content, even if the repository is no longer accessible. 

Cajus Hahn October 18, 2017

We will shut down Mercurial soon, after converting the content of the Mercurial repositories to Git. We will not create only new repositories on Git, but continue to work on the existing (to Git converted) repostories and the goal is be able to access the old revievs from the converted Git repository.

Storing content of file revisions under review is not a real solution, because

a) you need a huge additional space to store all the content

b) according to the link, "the storage only applies to reviews created after Revision Storage is enabled"

As far as I saw, the Fisheye/Crucible database stores the changeset hashtag(s) and the repository name for reviews. If I could get a list with Mercurial changeset : Git changeset out of the conversion tool, I should be able to replace the values in the Fisheye/Crucible database, right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events