Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ability to reply to a comment on crucible has disappeared

marc tucciarone May 19, 2015

Hello all,

The other day I was looking through a review and I noticed that the ability to reply to comments that users had made on code had disappeared, see attached screenshots. I was looking through the atlassian-fisheye.log and found nothing that could be of use. I apologize if this is a simple fix, i'm new to management of Crucible.

Thanks,

Marc Tucciarone 

Crucible issue.bmp

4 answers

0 votes
marc tucciarone May 25, 2015

Hello Gustavo,

this is what all of the users look like. the Crucible users field seems to be missing. I guess i'll open a support request and see what they can do. Thank you for your help 

Thanks,

Marc Tucciarone

image2015-5-25 11:37:51.png

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2015

Hi Marc,

AFAIK the fact the user is coming from LDAP shouldn't be affecting it's ability to be a Crucible user. I've just tested locally, and I have a user coming from LDAP for which the definition of a Crucible user shows up, please see it below:

ldapuser.png

I'm not sure what could be causing this to be missing for you, but maybe this could explain why you are not able to make comments. Without any further details I'm not able to help for now, but as a suggestion, you may check your logs for any errors during LDAP sync (maybe it gives some idea of what's happening). You may also open a support request at https://support.atlassian.com.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
marc tucciarone May 22, 2015

Hello Gustavo,

Thanks for your reply! I have looked several different reviews all of which were open, and i could still not see the reply option. I also went to the same reviews using several different accounts(admin, and ones with comment permissions). also under crucible administration > users > john.doe there is no Crucible user = true/false field. our instance of crucible is setup using LDAP, not sure if that affects anything.

Regards,

Marc Tucciarone

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hi Marc,

I see two ways in which this could happen, please check each one of them:

• The review is closed: in case the review is already closed the Reply will be missing.
  • The user accessing the review isn't a Crucible user: if the user looking at the review isn't a Crucible user, even if the review is open he or she won't be able to comment or reply to a comment. To check this please go to Crucible Administration > Users, click in the name of the user to see its settings and confirm the value of Crucible user. False means this isn't a Crucible user (it may still be a FishEye user, i.e., it still can access FishEye, the repositories and its reviews). You may edit this user in order to mark it as a Crucible user.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events