Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See comments on file from previous reviews

Andrew Leech November 27, 2013

I've recently compiled a number of old outdated reviews that had overlapping coverage into one new review covering a module more cleanly.

Is there any way to bring comments on files from the previous reviews into the new review?

I know I can browse each file in fisheye, see which reviews cover it and look in each review separately, but this is very slow and tedious.

I really just want to import old comments into the new review, or at least have some view that will show all comments for each file from any review.

Cheers,

Andrew

4 answers

0 votes
Andrew Leech December 4, 2013

Can this be put in as a feature request?

There's two separate desired features here:

* have a way to import comments from linked reviews

* have a way to view all comments in a file from any review

Everyone I've mentioned these limitations to here at work seem shocked that it can't be done.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Linked Review functionality is to indicate that one review has been re-issued because it contains a lot of rework from the previous review.

I am afraid you will need to re-add the comments from the old reviews onto the new review manually.

Cheers,

Nick

0 votes
Andrew Leech December 1, 2013

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. We still want to keep the previous reviews, so taking one of them and expanding it (dramatically) is not a viable option.

Is there definitely no way to do with with the "Linked Review" function? Is there any purpose to this function?

Would is be possible to add an option to Linked Reviews to have their comments show up on the new review?

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2013

Unfortunately there is no way to do this.

The best option is possibly to use on of the old reviews (the one with the most comments) as the basis for the new review. Edit this review, by adding all the files from the other reviews you need and copy the comments across too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events