Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running FishEye on Windows with unprivileged user fails

Svein Seldal August 28, 2013

I'm trying to install FishEye on a Windows server using a service run as an unprivileged user. I have followed the FishEye install guide and the install-as-service guide. But I cannot start the service.

I have C:\FishEye\Program as <FishEye home directory> and I have C:\FishEye\Data for the instance data. FISHEYE_INST is set to the latter path. The service is setup to run as the fisheye user. The fisheye user has RO access to Program, and RW access to Data. The guides does not specifiy if there are any directories within Program that should be RW (which Jira does).

How is intended to use the wrapper script is to be used in regards of permissions? According to the guide the wrapper is to be installed under Program. Yet when I start the service it fails because it has no RW access to the Program directories. What am I missing here?

2 answers

0 votes

Nothing?

0 votes
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2013

Is the path is also set for the unprivileged user?

Can you provide the startup log?

The FISHEYE_INST variable is global so it is set for all users and services.

The <Fisheye home>/wrapper/conf/wrapper.conf sets wrapper.working.dir=../.. which it needs to access the java classes. However it blindly assumes that it should use <FishEye home>/config.xml as base for the instance, and not FISHEYE_INST.

The attached log shows that the wrapper make FishEye attempt to access the instance data in <Fisheye home> and are disregarding the FISHEYE_INST variable.

Perhaps the wrapper binary erases the FISHEYE_INST variable?

(failed_wrapper_run.txt)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events