Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Fisheye behind f5 load balancer (Accessing to commits/projects)

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

Hi Community,

I am running Fisheye/Crucible behind f5 load balancer. Everthing is working fine. However, after a user/admin adds a new repository (outside of the fisheye server) or creates a new project on fisheye, users cannot access to the new project because the load balancer is looking what's inside of the server.

I want to know, how to allow in f5 or even in fisheye use can access those commits and crucible project when admin create projects after fisheye is set behing the load balancer. Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Darly,

As the load balancer is looking for what's inside its own server, I am wondering if you can use Rsync in order to clone the repository that exists outside of the load balancer server into the load balancer server?

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

There is one fisheye server, which contains svn and git application as well. Also there is one independent git server (outside of f5 sphere) that fisheye needs to be talking to. At this point, fisheye is talking to the git server in terms of indexing. However, when regular users access the repository, it sends to a Apache error.

In terms of method, I rather said f5 is managing fisheye striclty by port number

0 votes
Chris Rondeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014

hrmm.. it kind of sounds like each server behind the load balancer is independant and not sharing data.

How many fisheye servers behind the load balancer, and what method are you using (Round Robin, Least Connections...)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events