Review Coverage of a single branch

Drew Reed January 6, 2013

How can I find out the review coverage of a single code branch using crusible/fisheye and git?

The reports show me the commits in a week and which ones have been reviewed but as a lot of our branches are personal developer and project branches where we don't require code reviews on all commits it very hard to find out the coverage level of our pre-release branch.

Drew

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

I've found a couple of ways to solve review coverage on branches, at least with SVN. I think it should work with GIT also, but YMMV.

Use a Query

1. Open a search view for a Source repository
    1. Select "Source" from the top menu
    2. Select the repository
    3. Select "Search" from the "tabs" on the right
    4. Select "Switch to EyeQL Search" from the bottom left of the left pane
  2. For the Components, run this query and look for items with a blank in the “Reviews” column

select revisions where not reviewed and not is deleted and is head on **MY_BRANCH** order by date desc group by changeset return path, revision, author, date, reviews

Run the Code Coverage Report on the Branch

The Coverage Report is run for the subtree of the repository File browser view from which it was called.

1. Open the repository view for the repository.
  2. Select the appropriate branch and/or sub-tree
  3. Select Reports from the "tabs" on the right
  4. Select "Review Coverage"
Alexander Taler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Both of these solutions require a Fisheye license, which ruled them out for me.

Drew Reed January 8, 2013

Thanks we do have fisheye so I tried both methods.

The Query works but the Code Coverage Report method doesn't as the report is ignoring the selected branch and reporting for the whole repository.

John Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

@Drew I'm glad at least one worked for you. For me, running with SVN repositories, both methods seem to work for me. I wonder if there is something slighly different between how things work with SVN and GIT.

Jin Gu July 15, 2015

Hello John, the methods you listed above are using crucible, right? thank you!

1 vote
Alexander Taler
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2013

Hi Drew,

I had exactly the same problem, and ended up writing a plugin to solve it. I've listed it as a paid-plugin on the Marketplace. Feel free to contact me privately to discuss.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.deref.flyover.flyoverForCrucible

Alex

Drew Reed January 7, 2013

Thanks for the pointer. I had seen the plugin but it's not very clear what reports it adds and since I don't have admin access to the server I couldn't install the trial version to find out. Are there screen shots/detailed descriptions of what it adds anywhere?

Alexander Taler
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Good point. I have added more information to the plugin home page: http://deref.co.nz/Flyover

Drew Reed January 8, 2013

I've asked our IT department to install the trial as it does look to be a clearer method of finding the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events