Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project to Repository mappings default to everything? Is there a setting to default to none?

Jeff Lautenschlager September 30, 2011

Hello-

In our installation, we are using Fisheye for a small selection of projects, but most projects are not using it at this time. I recently discovered that when a project is not explicitly referenced in a repository mapping, it checks all of the known repositories for relevant commit strings.

Wait..What? We have a lot of projects, and quite a few repositories. Ideally, only the ones that are configured for use with FishEye would query FishEye for relevant commit strings. Is there a way I can set that up?

I have considered the option of creating a dummy repository and mapping all projects to it by default, but that means doing more work to set up a project so that it doesn't chew up resources trying to use a feature it isn't meant to use (not to mention, feels like kind of a lame kludge). I'm hoping that isn't the answer.

Thanks!

-Jeff

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2011

Hi Jeff,

There is a way to disable querying of repositories for jira projects that are 'unmapped'. It is a setting in the configuration screen (see below for the screenshot for version 3.4.5 of the plugin - the older versions have a similar setting too). Set that to 'ON' to disable all projects from searching fisheye unless there is an explicit mapping between the jira project and the fisheye repository.

Jeff Lautenschlager October 2, 2011

Perfect! Thanks so much!

0 votes
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2011

Hi Jeff,

I assume when you say 'project' you are refering to a JIRA project? I'll get one of the developers who develop the JIRA-FishEye integration to reply shortly

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events