Problems upgrading Crucible without a new FishEye license: how do I "re-index"?

Due to the vagueries of personnel coming and going at my employer, we purchased licenses for Crucible and Fisheye a few years ago, created an installation, and then didn't use them.  We recently purchased a new Crucible (but not FishEye) license. Per the instructions in the Atlassian documentation, I put "Disabled" where I would otherwise have put the FishEye license.  Crucible is then supposed to work using some sort of minimalist FishEye replacement.

I downloaded and installed the newest Crucible / FishEye package.  After I figured out how to get Windows Services to use the new package (it didn't happen automatically sad ) I logged in, and found that it was saying that both my repositories were "stopped".  When I try to start them, I get the message

Failed to start repository xxx:  Problem loading repository 'xxx' - Current repository index for "xxx" is not compatible with your license, please re-index.

Ok, whatever.  Except that I can't figure out how to re-index, and can't find anything about it in any Atlassian documentation.

Should I delete the repository from Crucible and re-add it?

I don't have any existing reviews that I need to preserve.

Thanks for any help you can give.

EDIT:  Lo and behold I believe I found how to re-index.    On the page that lists all the repositories, I click on the name of my repository, and it brings up a page for that.  In the left frame is a link for "Maintenance", clicking that brings me to a page with a bunch of "re-index" buttons.  I'm clicking them all smile

1 answer

0 vote

Correct - reindexing is on the "Maintentance" tab in repository settings.

You can also use REST API to trigger re-indexing:

https://docs.atlassian.com/fisheye-crucible/latest/wadl/fecru.html#rest-service-fecru:admin:repositories:name:reindex-source

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

67 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you