Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem integrating Atlassian Stash and Fisheye

Sean Bridges
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2012

I'm using fisheye Version:2.7.15 Build:20120709053240 2012-07-09 and stash Atlassian Stash. v1.3.0

I'm following the instructions for integerating the two here.

I enter the repository location, path is blank, authentication style is "password for http(s)", and enter the password. When I try to test the connection I get the following error message,

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository: 

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:162)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:450)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:540)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
Connection failed.

Using the same URL/password, a git clone works. I can telnet to the stash server from the fisheye server on the https port.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sean Bridges
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2012

We hadn't configured fisheye to use git from the command line. Not sure if fisheye was trying to use jgit. Using jgit to connect to stash has failed for us (from fisheye and bamboo), but command line versions of git have worked.

Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2012

FishEye does not use jgit - it always exec's command line git.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events