Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to install Crucible for Jira 5.0.7

Rohan Kulkarni June 26, 2013
I would like to know which version of Crucible is compatible with Jira 5.0.7 and what are the system requirements for the installation of Crucible. Also whether Crucible has to be installed separately and then integrate with Jira or upload Crucible from within Jira? Please suggest. Thanks, Rohan

3 answers

2 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

I believe you should then use Crucible 2.6.x. More info in Version Compatibility for Application Links.

1 vote
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2013

Hi Rohan,

The latest version of Crucible (3.0.2) is compatible with all versions of JIRA from 4.4 onwards. Please do not install such an old version of Crucible - 2.6 is unsupported and contains numerous bugs which have since been fixed.

It sounds like you're seeing that error because you need to enter the base URL for JIRA into fisheye withoiut the path. That is, something like:

http://10.5.22.23:9991

Do not include the /secure/Dashboard.jspa

Kind Regards,

Richard Stephens

0 votes
Rohan Kulkarni June 27, 2013
Thanks Alex. When I tried to install Crucible, in the 3rd step while Connecting to Jira it threw an error "Could not retrieve manifest from http://10.5.22.23:9991/secure/Dashboard.jspa. Please check the JIRA Server URL, and ensure it is JIRA 4.3 or later." I tried installing a supporting plugin i.e. Jira-fisheye 5.0.14 but that didnt help, and in the installation instructions its mentioned that the path to JDK should not contain any spaces, is this the reason for the error or something else? Please help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events