Multiple Fisheye repos pointing to same location wasting space?

We're running an older Fisheye 3.10 instance.  I'm not very familiar with how the product works, but upon looking through the configured repos I'm seeing multiples with different names pointing at the same location.  An example is 2 repos pointing at perforce:1666//projectA/folder1. 

• The SCM Details section are configured exactly the same
  • Include/Exclude Paths are different

Does it make sense to have different repos pointing at the same location, but different exclusions?  If the same locations exist among the exclusion configs does that waste disk space?  I've got another user wanting a new repo created pointing to the same root so I'm trying to determine if we can reuse anything.  Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ben Stuart Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2018

Hey Doug, 

It just depends on if each repository is indexing certain locations or file types exclusively. I can't think of a good reason that you would want to have 2 repositories that are mostly the same. Maybe you can get some more details from your users about that. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

382 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you