Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Production Environment to Lower Environment For Fisheye-Crucible

Vishal Srivastava December 21, 2017

Hi,

I want to replicate my Fisheye production environment to my Fisheye lower Invironment. I have refreshed Database and now now I would like to know if i need to copy any folder manually from my production environment Fisheye  home directory to lower environment home directory.

1 answer

0 votes
Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve but it's not recommend to mess with Fisheye&Crucible files.

The application store its data on a filesystem and database. That's why the only recommended way of creating backups is using built-in backup feature. 

Vishal Srivastava December 21, 2017

What I mean to say is that When we refresh our Confluence Lower Environment with Confluence production Environment we copy "attachment" folder from production environment to our lower environment manually so that the data on both the environment are same and synchronized.

Similarly i would like to know if I need to do any manual copy for any repository or not from production Environment to lower Environment

Grzegorz Lewandowski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Still not really sure what do you want to achieve.

Do you want to run test environment ? If so, I think you can create a backup and restore it to test environment, but make sure then you use different database, otherwise data in a production DB might be overwritten. 

It's not recommended to copy any files by hand, especially with running Fisheye&Crucible server, since it may lead to a unrecoverable indexes corruption. If that occurs, you'll need to reindex your repositories which can take a lot of time (depending on the history of the repository itself) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events