Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mentions in Crucible

E February 26, 2014

we have a large group using crucible (3.2) and typically our managers will @mention our PM's and developers to followup on items. Is there a way to see all these mentions to search against them? We are finding that people don't "see" them all the time like in JIRA or Confluence

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2014

Comments are stored as [~username] in the comment text wikimarkup, so you can do a comment search for the string "[~" to see all comments in all reviews. Sorting "By date" will help too.

e.g. https://fisheye1.atlassian.com/qsearch?q=%5B~&t=6&s=0

I'd be interested to hear however why you think that people don't see the mentions in Crucible as they do in JIRA or Confluence. ie. Are they getting the emails ?

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2014
E March 9, 2014

Thanks Nick this "helps" but still looking for something more obvious.

my users DO get emails but only when they are part of the review. and they don't call out that they were mentioned in a comment like in Confluence and Jira. "XXX mentioned you in a comment" or "you were tagged in a post" kind of emails.

So the PM's and other users have to read each and every comment to see if they were tagged or not. this is ok for developers as they need ot be reading this but not all my PM's are technical so they get lost quickly.

Also in confluence we get the nice little alerts and even i jira i believe there are gadgets which show this but more importantly on both systems the emails are more specific.

Nick
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2014

Ah - I think any user who is mentioned, regardless of being on the review or not, should receive a mention an email.

If this is not the case, please let me know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events