Mentions in Crucible

we have a large group using crucible (3.2) and typically our managers will @mention our PM's and developers to followup on items. Is there a way to see all these mentions to search against them? We are finding that people don't "see" them all the time like in JIRA or Confluence

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Feb 27, 2014

Comments are stored as [~username] in the comment text wikimarkup, so you can do a comment search for the string "[~" to see all comments in all reviews. Sorting "By date" will help too.

I'd be interested to hear however why you think that people don't see the mentions in Crucible as they do in JIRA or Confluence. ie. Are they getting the emails ?

Thanks Nick this "helps" but still looking for something more obvious.

my users DO get emails but only when they are part of the review. and they don't call out that they were mentioned in a comment like in Confluence and Jira. "XXX mentioned you in a comment" or "you were tagged in a post" kind of emails.

So the PM's and other users have to read each and every comment to see if they were tagged or not. this is ok for developers as they need ot be reading this but not all my PM's are technical so they get lost quickly.

Also in confluence we get the nice little alerts and even i jira i believe there are gadgets which show this but more importantly on both systems the emails are more specific.

Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Mar 10, 2014

Ah - I think any user who is mentioned, regardless of being on the review or not, should receive a mention an email.

If this is not the case, please let me know.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

47 views 1 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot