Manual execution of database creation scripts

Joe Bednarz February 2, 2018

I am setting up just a shell of a PostgreSQL database (I just want table names and columns) so I can create SQL scripts to pull data from crucible.  I have found the fecru/sql/POSTGRESQL/schema/*.sql scripts, and would like to manually create the database without having to install the crucible web components.  Anyone know the order in which the *.sql scripts are to run?

Do I run drop_42.sql, table_42.sql, constraints_42.sql, drop_43.sql, table_43.sql, constraints_43.sql, etc., until I finish?

Any help would be great!  Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2018

Hi Joe,

Can you please clarify why you would like to create an additional database instead of using the existing one? Which details are you trying to extract from the database?

In general, we don't support  manual retrieval of data from the database because it could change at any time without any notice. To retrieve details from the application, we provide REST API end points.

If you still want to proceed in creating a copy of the database, I see the following two options:

- Migrate to a new database via the user interface. You can then use the current database which will contain the Crucible data up to date until the migration started.

- Perform a database dump and restore it to a new database using the proprietary database tools provided by the database. In this case, you are not changing the Crucible database and the new database will also contain the data.

-- As alternative, you could perform a dump of the schema without the data.

- And finally, install a new server and connect it to a database (as you mentioned). By doing so the database will not contain any data.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian Support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events