Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Fisheye/Crucible licenses

Jeffrey Markel June 20, 2014

I'm in the process of standing up a Stash system with Crucible for code reviews. For both Stash and Fisheye/Crucible, we're importing our Jira user database, to simplify user/password management.

With Stash I can pick and choose from among the users in the database, assigning licenses only to the users I want to be Stash users. But with Crucible (and Fisheye) I don't see a way to do that - it seems as if any user in the imported user database is counted against our license total. We've currently got 50-user licenses for Stash and Crucible/Fisheye, but our Jira user-base is around 350. As I said, that's not a problem for Stash, but for Crucible and Fisheye it's toitally blowing us out of the water.

How can I manage this in a reasonable way that makes sense? (I.e., can it be done Stash-style?)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

Hi Jeffrey,

There is a simple way to do it for FishEye/Crucible, which is by creating a group of FishEye/Crucible users in JIRA, and then importing this group into FishEye/Crucible.

The first step is to Create a group in JIRA (for instance, fisheye-users), then edit this group in order to add to it only the users that are going to use FishEye/Crucible.

Then, when configuring the authentication against JIRA in FishEye (Administration > Authentication > Setup JIRA/Crowd Authentication), configure your JIRA settings (as it seems you already did) and by clicking in Next you can select only the groups you want to synchronize from JIRA. Here, select only the fisheye-users group and proceed with the configuration. Only the users in this group will be synchronized.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events