Lib Directory Not Found When Using FISHEYE_INST

I am upgrading our lab Crucible/Fisheye instance in lab to 3.0.2 and as part of the process am trying to set it up to use the FISHEYE_INST. I have followed the directions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Crucible+upgrade+guide#Crucibleupgradeguide-UpgradingtoCrucible3.0 including copying the data, var and cache directories. However, I cannot start the app up and get this error in the log: Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Database not available (Unable to connect to MySQL database jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/crucible?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8&sessionVariables=storage_engine=InnoDB: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver: is the database driver jar file properly installed in the FISHEYE_INST/lib directory?). Current state: NO_DB Why is Crucible/Fisheye looking for the lib directory in FISHEYE_INST/lib instead of in the directory where I extracted the application zip file? I could copy the lib directory to the FISHEYE_INST directory as well, but that doesn't appear to be the way it was designed to work.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi there,

Please download the jdbc driver from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ and extract the connector file on your FISHEYE_INST/lib, then restart FishEye and give another try restarting it.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Thanks, it worked!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,795 views 20 14
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you