Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira and remote SVN with ssh authentification

Idir HADJIAT July 19, 2014

Hi,

We already have a svn repos on a server with a SSH authetification.

We would like not having jira and the repos on the same server. So, I took a watch at what is possible, but I'm not sure to understand everything that I 've readen.

If I use FishEye, would I be able to use my svn repos as a remote server and connect to it via SSH ? And if so, where should I install fishEye ? On the jira server? on the svn repos ?

Is there any way to connect jira to my repos without using fishEye while keeping my SSH authentification ?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

Hi

It sounds like the simplest setup would be to install FishEye on your SVN server, and link JIRA to that FishEye server.

Unfortunately, neither of the two supported methods for connceting JIRA to SVN - through FishEye or through the JIRA SVN Plugin support accessing an SVN repo over SSH. Installing FishEye on your SVN server will allow you to configure the repositories using the file:// protocol.

-Richard

0 votes
Idir HADJIAT July 22, 2014

Thanks for your answer.

I hoped there would be an answer to my needs, but I'll do fine with that.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events