This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JVM system properties

system.properties file does not seem to work. Is there a known and documented way to change JVM input arguments?

Documentation states it is the recommended way to change input JVM args but this recommended way is also not working.

THere is at lof of documentation describing but most/all seems outdated/not working.

I was sort of expecting this to be easy to do but as it turns out this will take hours just to find out how it works. 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I am struggling with the same case. I created file : system.properties and System Info JVM input arguments does not show any args added.

Second method suggested is to pass -D parameter to the JVM using the FISHEYE_OPTS. This seems to work in a way that at least I can see parameter in java process:

# jps -lvm

15547 /opt/fecru/latest/fisheyeboot.jar start -Xmx4096m -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/opt/fecru/latest -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/fecru/latest/lib/endorsed -Dcrucible.review.content.size.limit=1200 -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/opt/fecru/fecru-data -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/fecru/latest/lib/endorsed

But, still System Info page does not show any arguments in  JVM input field

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

155 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you