Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVM input args

Onno van der Straaten September 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JVM system properties

system.properties file does not seem to work. Is there a known and documented way to change JVM input arguments?

Documentation states it is the recommended way to change input JVM args but this recommended way is also not working.

THere is at lof of documentation describing but most/all seems outdated/not working.

I was sort of expecting this to be easy to do but as it turns out this will take hours just to find out how it works. 

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Figura
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2017

I am struggling with the same case. I created file : system.properties and System Info JVM input arguments does not show any args added.

Second method suggested is to pass -D parameter to the JVM using the FISHEYE_OPTS. This seems to work in a way that at least I can see parameter in java process:

# jps -lvm

15547 /opt/fecru/latest/fisheyeboot.jar start -Xmx4096m -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/opt/fecru/latest -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/fecru/latest/lib/endorsed -Dcrucible.review.content.size.limit=1200 -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/opt/fecru/fecru-data -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/opt/fecru/latest/lib/endorsed

But, still System Info page does not show any arguments in  JVM input field

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events