Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to view a source file in Crucible & Fisheye without having to horizontally scroll so much?

Krysten July 28, 2015

Hello! I am new to this site and to FishEye & Crucible, so please excuse me if my terminology is not correct. 

I am trying to view the source of a file in FishEye & Crucible as well as change sets. However, although I have collapsed the vertical nav bar on the left as far as it will allow, I still have to horizontally scroll a significant amount to read the entirety of the file. It is definitely a hassle to me.

Long story short, is there a way to view the source file in another view or something that would show me the full file without having to horizontally scroll so much? 

2 answers

1 vote
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

Hi Krysten,

I'm sorry - I totally missed the "horizontally".

Within reviews there's a toggle button (shortcut "shift+t") which allows you to toggle the left panel, but this isn't present when just looking at the source in FishEye. One thing that I thought that could help increasing the space a bit would be to change the Columns shown when seeing the source, though I understand it may be annoying to change this all the time, also not being able to see the information provided by them when deselecting them.

I'm afraid I don't have any further suggestions on this. You may create a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com suggesting a toggle button similar to the one in reviews to be added when looking at the source in FishEye. You may refer to Atlassian's policy for the implementation of new features.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Krysten July 29, 2015

Awesome. I just created the issue. Does it eventually get assigned to someone. Right now I am the only participant & watcher on the ticket and it is unassigned. (FishEyeFE-5731 for reference)

Like Lloyd.J.Myung likes this
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

Hi Krysten, Thanks. As pointed by the policy document, there's a wide variety of factors involved on the implementation of a new feature. As we don't publish a roadmap or ETA for features I can't really say when it's going to be answered, and we also can't guarantee it will be part of the roadmap. Please keep following it so you'll receive updates once someone responds to it. Our developers keep an eye on the suggestions, so at some point someone should update it. Regards, Gustavo

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 28, 2015

Hi Krysten,

I'm not quite sure I understand how you're expecting to view your file, could you please clarify that? For a file containing 1000 lines, for instance, I see no other alternative than just scrolling to see it, obviously.

If you are talking about a file added to a review, assuming you would like just to be able to look at the changes, without looking at the full file, you could control it using the button View and setting the context you wish to see. The same thing can be applied to your user profile (Profile > Display Settings > Diff view).

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Krysten July 29, 2015

Hello Gustavo, 

I meant horizontally scrolling. Of course you will have to vertically scroll no matter what. I took a stock image off of Google and put a box around the scrolling I'm talking about for you to get a visual of what I'm looking for. I just want to be able to see more of the document horizontally that I am currently able to without scrolling.

Here is my example:

fisheye-annotation.png 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events