Is "PatchEye and Cutlass" some kind of Atlassian easter egg?

Today our team was concerned to see our normal FishEye + Crucible replaced with a pirate logo and "PatchEye and Cutlass" as shown below.

Is this some kind of joke from Atlassian? If so it seems very inappropriate. We had several people concerned that our site was hacked.

6 answers

1 accepted

Personally, I think it's pretty awesome. The winds be fillin' me sails fer a fine day o' coding.

5 votes

Hi, Michael.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Today's the Talk Like a Pirate Day, and it was a joke from Atlassian with regards to this parodic holiday.

There's no need to worry about this.

Cheers,

Felipe Kraemer

Thanks for the info!

Hi,

Can we expect any more easter egg with unexpected and uncontrolled behaviors in the production software?

This is on the surface harmless but I like to know which measure are being taken to avoiding these issues in future releases.

Kind regards,

Kristoffer

Why isn't this a plug-in? I'm a sad Pirate today. :(

2 votes
Jason Hinch Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2012

The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day easter egg has been removed in the latest version of FishEye and Crucible. It was not taken very well last year which lead the FishEye/Crucible team to remove it.

long live your sense of humor!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

74 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you