Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is "PatchEye and Cutlass" some kind of Atlassian easter egg?

Michael Downey September 18, 2011

Today our team was concerned to see our normal FishEye + Crucible replaced with a pirate logo and "PatchEye and Cutlass" as shown below.

Is this some kind of joke from Atlassian? If so it seems very inappropriate. We had several people concerned that our site was hacked.

6 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Rosequist September 18, 2012

Personally, I think it's pretty awesome. The winds be fillin' me sails fer a fine day o' coding.

5 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2011

Hi, Michael.

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Today's the Talk Like a Pirate Day, and it was a joke from Atlassian with regards to this parodic holiday.

There's no need to worry about this.

Cheers,

Felipe Kraemer

Michael Downey September 18, 2011

Thanks for the info!

4 votes
Doug September 18, 2013

Why isn't this a plug-in? I'm a sad Pirate today. :(

4 votes
Kristoffer Granberg Cauchi September 18, 2012

Hi,

Can we expect any more easter egg with unexpected and uncontrolled behaviors in the production software?

This is on the surface harmless but I like to know which measure are being taken to avoiding these issues in future releases.

Kind regards,

Kristoffer

2 votes
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2012

The http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_a_Pirate_Day easter egg has been removed in the latest version of FishEye and Crucible. It was not taken very well last year which lead the FishEye/Crucible team to remove it.

0 votes
C W Southworth February 2, 2017

long live your sense of humor!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events