Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to set a Assignee and a Lable/Component for Jira tasks created from Crucible?

L. Schimmel April 22, 2015

Hi,

I already figured out how to create JIRA Issues from Crucible Comments/Defects. But there is only an option to set the corresponding Project an description to the issue. When I look it up after creation, the task is neither assigned to a person (which would likely be the author) nor to a Lable or Component.

So I have to to that in another step, wich is a inconvinience. Is there a way to assign the issues manually or automatically during the creation in Crucible?

1 answer

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

To my knowledge, not from Crucible.  However, you can configure JIRA to assign a default Assignee for all new Issues by setting "Allow unassigned issues" to OFF in your project configuration.  See:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+JIRA+Options

That should apply even if they are created from Crucible.  Unfortunately, since JIRAs created from Crucible don't allow you to designate the Component either, your default Assignee will always by Project Lead, so you may still have a reassignment step.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events