Is it possible to change diff colors in Crucible?

Brent Villalobos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Some of our developers would like to have an option to change the diff colors besides the stock gray, red, and green to indicate the type of diff. Some developers are color blind and so it's difficult to differentiate red and green colors. It would be nice if there were use settings to change that color or if there were "+" and "-" characters along the side of the file.

If there isn't an option for this in Crucible, then it might be a good feature to add.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

I have not seen an "easy" way to customize the colors by clicking on something, but it is possible if you are willing to get yourself dirty... Crucible makes heavy use of CSS to define how things are displayed. If one were to modify the correct CSS file on the Crucible installation (after backing things up, of course), one could change the appearance.

From what I can tell, customizing the CSS is not supported. (I found info about it in the Crucible docs a while back, but I can't find it any more.)

That should be info information to get you pointed in the right direction. If not, then you might not want to take that approach.

0 votes
aborowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2016

Hi,

I am glad to say there is new plugin for FishEye and Crucible that enables high-level theme customization.

Check out Atlassian Marketplace page

0 votes
Zenterio AB October 3, 2013

Apparently this Jira tracks the issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-1091

It is a major problem for at least one of our developers. A fix would be much appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events