Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation under Mac OS 10.8

Tim Myers August 31, 2012

Has anybody sucessfully installed Fish Eye / Crucible under Mac OS 10.8?

I'm unable to set the JAVA_HOME variable, it always comes back as Undefined Variable in response to the echo $JAVA_HOME command.

There's no .profile file in ~/ in Mac OS 10.8. I created one and added the lines as stated in the installation instructions but the JAVA_HOME variable remains undefined.

Help!

Thanks

Tim.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2012

I almost daily install FishEye/Crucible test instances on my MBP running OSX 10.7.4.
For me they all run fine without having JAVA_HOME set.

If you still do want to define a JAVA_HOME you can indeed add it to ~/.profile, but the change won't take effect until you either login again, or run "source ~/.profile".

Tim Myers September 1, 2012

Thanks Rene - I'll give it a shot :)

Tim Myers September 1, 2012

I got a little bit further...

Once I've run start.sh and gone to my wen browser I always get the 'Can't conenct to server' error in Safari. On running stop.sh the following appears:

FishEye not running? Problem connecting to 127.0.0.1:8078 : Connection refused

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:375)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:218)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.BaseRemoteCommand.sendCommand(BaseRemoteCommand.java:89)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.BaseRemoteCommand.mainImpl(BaseRemoteCommand.java:62)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.Stop.main(Stop.java:11)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl.mainImpl(FishEyeCtl.java:98)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl.main(FishEyeCtl.java:41)

Firewall is off so it can't be that. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Tim.

rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2012

Try starting with "./run.sh" instead.
This will start FishEye in the terminal window, so you can see what it logs.
Wait for a message like this is displayed:

Server started on :8060 (http) (control port on 127.0.0.1:8059)

and then point your browser to 127.0.0.1:8060 (or another port, as it looks like you changed the configuration).
To stop a FishEye that's started with run.sh you just use Control-C.

Tim Myers September 2, 2012

That did the trick, thank you. I was able to see that the path to the config file wasn't found. Fixed that :) I dont' suppose you've ever connected Crucible to any of the GIT repositories on Assembla.com?

Sten Pittet
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2012

It should be fairly straightforward to connect Crucible to an Assembla Git repository. You will need to generate a key pair for ssh and upload the public key to assembla.

I just tried it and I only had to change the label generated by Crucible to make it shorter due to the limitation for the key on Assembla. The screenshot below shows where the magic happens;

Tim Myers September 3, 2012

Thanks for the help :)

Still not connecting :( When I run Test Connection it fails with the following:

Tim Myers September 3, 2012

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it, I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this stuff. Key upload seemed to be ok, I truncated the key as you advised and Assembla accepted it but when I run Test Connection I get the follwing:

Fisheye is using '/usr/bin/ssh' to authenticate with SSH authenticated repositories.

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:158)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:444)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:538)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

Connection failed.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2012

I just ran into the same problem on OS 10.8, with Java not being installed. Actually I had run 'atlas-package', and it couldn't find my java. After putzing around trying to find the java bin, I ran java -version and that prompted a download of the JDK.

I guess Apple's trying to outsmart itself - basically, just go to a command line and enter the command 'java' to start a download of the JDK.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events