Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactivating users wont free up licenses

Licenses systems September 5, 2018

Hey, We inactivated several users and these no longer show up on fisheye user listing. But license detail is not showing up any freed licenses. We are getting our users from Jira, Fisheye is linked to it. How do I found out which users are eating up license and free them? We had 5 users, 2 were deactivated and there should be 2 freed up. Historically we only had those 5 as committers. But I can't add any users to Fisheye+Crucible.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2018

Hello,

I believe we need to gather more information from your instance to have a better understanding. Can you please let us know:

• Which Fisheye version are you running?
  • How have you 'inactivated' these users?
  • Which database type do you connect Fisheye to (in case we need to run db queries)?

Cheers,

Felipe

Licenses systems September 6, 2018

Fisheye version is 4.5.2, db is postgresql.

Local users had been inactivated from Jira. Since then we have switched to LDAP and our usernames are the same in LDAP and as such they should not use anymore licenses. Before and after using LDAP number of free licenses was the same.

We are planning on buying bigger license, but need to solve these problems first before we migrate everything else to Fisheye.

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

Hello,

Thanks for the clarifications.

Please note that one thing is inactivating local users in Jira, and another thing is doing that in Fisheye. Each application has its own internal user directory at least, and may have multiple external user directories.

• In Fisheye itself, do you have local users?
    Please check that by going to Fisheye Administration > User Settings > User Directories and checking if the "Internal Directory" is active.
  • And are you syncing users into Fisheye from Jira, or from LDAP, or from both?
    Please check that by going to Fisheye Administration > User Settings > User Directories
  • In my understanding, it looks like you sync users directly from LDAP into Fisheye. How many users are being synced from LDAP into Fisheye? Is this the correct number of users that should be synced? Have you disabled any user in LDAP?
  • Also, can you please confirm which license type are you using in Fisheye/Crucible?
    Please check that by going to Fisheye Administration > System Settings > System Info > License section.
Licenses systems September 10, 2018

Disabling Internal Directory does not change anything.

We are syncing users from LDAP to Jira and from there to Fisheye.

It seems I was mistaken about the license, its 25 user license and it list 0 users remaining. Jira, from where users are synced, lists only 17 users using up license. Again, why is this?

I have user in Jira which has never logged into Jira since switching to LDAP, but this user is still marked in fisheye as Fisheye user. How do I remove the Fisheye user tag?

From Jira if I disable our ldap, only user listed in Fisheye is our Jira local admin user. But license says there are only 5 users remaining on the license.

Licenses systems September 14, 2018

Any news on my request?

I've checking on the Fisheye system and eliminating any useless groups and ensuring only two groups has access. One is fecru-users and another is fecru-admins. From the settings I've ensured these two groups should only have access and these have a lot less users that our license.  Yet this hasn't freed up any license.

Does FishEye reserve user licenses if user has done something Fisheye/Crucible, like review or something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events