Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to review documents using crucible

Per Olofsson September 13, 2013

The rendering engine in crucble only handles code - Why?

We have specifications and diagrams that we would like to review with the code.

Questions like: Does the code actully implement the sequence intended? When writing or analyzing the code - why not discuss also in the text/diagram/requirements.

Could be only floating text-boxes, but could be "pencil drawing" discussions.

Other formats: .doc, .docx, pdf, html, confluence pages, javadoc, ...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

Hi Per,

There was a improvement request related to it some time ago:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-2299

The final consideration for this was:

"Hi,

After spending quite some time evaluating our priorities we decided to not address this issue. I am aware of the number of people that have voted for this and I can understand the benefits that MS Word support could bring if it was implemented.

However, we chose to focus on improving the performance of Crucible to make sure that it will function in the best way possible as our customers grow. This is a fairly complex effort and in order to achieve it we have to make some tough calls like this one and push back on adding new features.

MS Word support is a complex task in itself and we would be taking too much risks trying to tackle this while achieving our main performance goals.

If you have any question regarding this decision, please comment on this ticket. I'll make sure that you get a concrete response.

Regards,

Sten Pittet

FishEye / Crucible Product Manager"

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

Per Olofsson October 13, 2013

I was not expecting "full diff and compare" support in Crucible, but plain "view and discussion" functionality.

Even reviewing Confluence or html (javadoc) only required a "view and discussion". I beleive the benefit is larger than you estimate and the "development" cost lower - you don't need all the bells and whistles to start with.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events