Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to include an email alias on all code review mails

Nassar Stoertz May 21, 2013

We're using Crucible/FishEye for code reviews, and I'd like to include the email alias code-reviews@mydomain.com on all outgoing reviews.

Is it possible to do this without creating an additional Crucible user that counts against our user count for billing purposes?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nassar Stoertz May 22, 2013

Thanks for the answers. I followed Tini suggestion of setting up a forwarding on my mail server. Unfortunately, Google Apps Gmail doesn't have great support for mail forwarding, so I had to hack around this using a Gmail monitoring account and filter.

This link helped in case anyone else has the same problem:

http://www.quora.com/Why-cant-Gmail-forward-outgoing-mail

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

You know I thought about what you asked some more, and I'm not sure I understand your goal. If you just want to have all Crucible emails also go to an extra email address, why not setup a rule on your mail server or in your mail client to forward a copy to that extra address?

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

In Crucible Administration | Global Settings | Server, there is an option for Mail Server. I have my "From Address" set to Server@mydomain.com, and I've selected the option to "send emails from the Server address (below)". That email address is a fictitious alias that doesn't exist on the Exchange server. On the incoming emails I receive via my Exchange server, it identifies the Crucible user and has that server email address. Example: Bob posts a comment. I get an email that Outlook identifies as from "Bob @ MyDomain [Server@mydomain.com]".

On JIRA, I had a separate email address created on the Exchange server called "JIRAServer@mydomain.com". My JIRA subscriptions come in from that address. Emails on JIRA comments still come in as "Bob @ MyDomain (JIRA) [JIRAServer@mydomain.com]".

Neither of those email addresses use an account. However, both still identify the person who performed the activity, even though the "from" email address is changed to what I configured in the FE/Cruc/JIRA admin settings. I think that is as close as you can get out of the box. It is also easy to identify the sending system based on the email Subject.

0 votes
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

Hi Nassar,

Unfortunately Crucible does not provide a built-in way to copy all emails to a specific address. However, you could achieve similar functionality by building a simple plugin to listen for these events, and fire off an email when they are received.

Kind Regards,
Richard Stephens

Nassar Stoertz May 22, 2013

Thanks. Hopefully Atlassan can consider this feature in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events