Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to filter commits from unrelated reviews to make reviews more efficient. How do I do this?

David Cozens May 14, 2018

On some reviews we find that we have in-related code changes appearing in the review. This has both lead to confusion in the review, and wasted effort in reviewing the same code twice. I would like the option to filter the diffs shown in the review, or to colour unrelated diffs differently.

To be clear, let me give an example. We are working a scrum process, we try to move stories through a sprint as fast as possible. Sometimes this means that two developers pick up two tasks from the same story and work on them in parallel. This may mean that both developers are touching the same file.

Developer A completes their task, commits and creates a review.

Soon after developer B completes their task, commits and creates a review.

When developer A's code is reviewed a comment is raised and marked as a defect to be resolved.

Developer A rectifies the defect and commits the fix to the original review for traceability.

Now when reviewing developer A's defect fix all of developer B's changes are also visible. I have not found a way of highlighting which are the changes made by developer A.

Now there is an argument that more changes have been made in the file and so they should be visible. To an extent I agree with that as a reviewer should be able to check for interactions. However for efficiency and traceability I need to be able to either filter the changes to just those from the changes marked for this review. Or preferably see all of the changes, but be able to identify which ones are related to the review.

NOTE: I have already read https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Fisheye-Crucible-questions/Diff-filtering-of-other-developers-commits-not-related-to-review/qaq-p/401508

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events