I'm trying to use the CLI tool, but I'm getting an "Error encoding the request (tried UTF-8), please specify an --encoding parameter" I've tried this with utf_8, ascii, utf_32, utf8. All with the same result.
./crucible.py REVIEW-1 --encoding utf_8
Note I've tried leaving off the --encoding.
I just ran into this after a year using the tool successfully. Manually uploading the diff gave a clue: it would not anchor, and in the revision that Crucible said conflicted there was a funny character near the previous (and the new) changes:
There was an apostrophe encoded in Western MacOS Roman. I changed it to a plain ASCII apostrophe in my local source, made a new diff, and that uploaded and anchored ok
This did not fix the python error, but now I know what to look for and a workaround. Possibly fiddling around with encoding in the source file would have helped.
Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events