Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto set JAVA_OPTS for Crucible/Fisheye

DIBS Drift December 12, 2013

Hi

I have some issues with our crucible installation (it crashes sometime), and have dialed it down to be because of too little Java Heap Space - but it seems to be a bit of a issue to set.

If i put my new higher -Xmx1536m into $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyectl.sh in the "FISHEYE_OPTS" part it looks like this in processlist:

/usr/local/java/bin/java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1536m -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/usr/local/crucible -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/local/crucible/lib/endorsed -jar /usr/local/crucible/fisheyeboot.jar start

So it still starts with the one mentioned first.

I cant figure out where the -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m is coming from, it is not mentioned in the .sh files

The only place i have grepped out is inside the fisheyeboot.jar - but do i really have to unpack, edit and repack a JAR file to change this?

Thank you

5 answers

1 vote
Sridhar Nimmagadda November 23, 2015

Simple option is to override -XX:MaxNewSize=128m to a value of your choice in the FISHEYE_OPTS, the call $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyeboot.jar com.cenqua.fisheye.boot.OptsSetter will ignore if the option is already set..

0 votes
Boris Cesarec September 25, 2018

edit fisheyectl.sh in line FISHEYE_OPTS add your desired Xms or Xmx, for example FISHEYE_OPTS=`$JAVACMD -cp $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyeboot.jar com.cenqua.fisheye.boot.OptsSetter -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m`

Dan Stone September 4, 2019

Do you have to restart the software for this to take effect?

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Yes, FishEye/Crucible restart is required as those settings are read on the JVM startup.

Cheers,

Piotr

0 votes
Vishnu G August 21, 2018

I have added FISHEYE_OPTS argument's in .bashrc file and it worked.

export FISHEYE_OPTS='-Xms6048m -Xmx6048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m'

jjozwik April 17, 2020

Thanks that worked for me also! on version 4.3  Also the MaxPerm option was removed in openjdk ver 8

0 votes
DIBS Drift December 12, 2013

Hi

The variables i've tried to change is the ones mentioned in those articles, so it's not helping me further :/

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events