Howto set JAVA_OPTS for Crucible/Fisheye

Hi

I have some issues with our crucible installation (it crashes sometime), and have dialed it down to be because of too little Java Heap Space - but it seems to be a bit of a issue to set.

If i put my new higher -Xmx1536m into $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyectl.sh in the "FISHEYE_OPTS" part it looks like this in processlist:

/usr/local/java/bin/java -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1536m -Dfisheye.library.path= -Dfisheye.inst=/usr/local/crucible -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/local/crucible/lib/endorsed -jar /usr/local/crucible/fisheyeboot.jar start

So it still starts with the one mentioned first.

I cant figure out where the -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m is coming from, it is not mentioned in the .sh files

The only place i have grepped out is inside the fisheyeboot.jar - but do i really have to unpack, edit and repack a JAR file to change this?

Thank you

5 answers

Simple option is to override -XX:MaxNewSize=128m to a value of your choice in the FISHEYE_OPTS, the call $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyeboot.jar com.cenqua.fisheye.boot.OptsSetter will ignore if the option is already set..

Hi

The variables i've tried to change is the ones mentioned in those articles, so it's not helping me further :/

I have added FISHEYE_OPTS argument's in .bashrc file and it worked.

export FISHEYE_OPTS='-Xms6048m -Xmx6048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m'

0 votes

edit fisheyectl.sh in line FISHEYE_OPTS add your desired Xms or Xmx, for example FISHEYE_OPTS=`$JAVACMD -cp $FISHEYE_HOME/fisheyeboot.jar com.cenqua.fisheye.boot.OptsSetter -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m`

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 8 hours ago in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

86 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you