How to use author in eyeql

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

I want to: I'm trying to use author in an eyeql query.

Tried this: The only way I could make it work was adding the full name and email to the clause, like this

select revisions where author in ("User One <user.one@cc.com>", "User Two <user.two@cc.com>") group by changeset

I tried with userids

select revisions where author in ("uone", "utwo") group by changeset

with emails

select revisions where author in ("user.one@cc.com", "user.two@cc.com") group by changeset

but nothing seems to work, except for the very long display name <email>

Q: Really, is this display name <email> the way to do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2015

Hi @Javier Perez,

I am afraid at the moment FishEye expects the full committer name as the author, as it was stored in the scm.  

Feel free to raise improvement request in https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/FE project, it seems reasonable to allow either FishEye user name (so all mapped committer names would match) or even partial committer name.

Hope that helps,

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Piotr, thanks for you answer. Notice that it's not only the name what I have to specify, but the full name + the email. The input has to be in the form _User One <user.one@cc.com>_, _User One_ only doesn't make it

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

Is this expected?

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2015

I think this is expected. I am guessing you are using git or mercurial repository and the committer name that you see in your git log or hg log is displayed exactly in the same format, User One <user.one@cc.com>, is it not? Remember FishEye has a nice feature where you can switch between simple and advanced (eyeql) query mode, the search criteria will be automatically converted. So if you don't know how to specify particular user, you can use the simple search form to pick up selected user and then switch to advanced (eyeql) mode to see what the query should look like. Perhaps this video would explain better what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya5gp88gEKI

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

Yes, switching from simple to advanced brings the whole "User One <user.one@cc.com>" Question clarified, but the answer is less than optimal :-(

Javier Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2015

Thanks Piotr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events