Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup the FishEye with GIT

psubudhi March 17, 2014

Hi ,

I am beginner to FishEye evaluating FishEye for our company.

Need help in setting up with GIT at Bitbucket.

While testing the connection I am getting following error: Any help in this is appriciated.

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

at com.atlassian.fisheye.git.GitScmConfig.testConnection(GitScmConfig.java:147)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.RepositoryConfig.testConnection(RepositoryConfig.java:441)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.spi.admin.impl.DefaultRepositoryAdminService.testConnectionFor(DefaultRepositoryAdminService.java:573)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

Connection failed.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2014

Hi,

Ensure you have the git binary available on the system path. You can check it in the Admin / Server screen, see Git executable section.

If this is set and test connection still errors, enable the debug mode in the same Admin / Server screem, try Test Connection once again and check FISHEYE_INST/var/log/atlassian-fisheye-DATE.log file for any errors reported there. Let me know what they are please.

Hope that helps,
Piotr

0 votes
psubudhi April 2, 2014

Thanks Piotr. I am able to resolve by setting the Git in the path. The connection is success now.

Denis Strekha August 4, 2017

For more details please.

0 votes
Rahul Mohan March 17, 2014

This error may be mostly due to the failure in setting the Git Executable Path. Please set the path for the Git Executable by following the insruction available

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events