It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to grant permission to create projects for users/groups without granting admin

Mark.Yu I'm New Here Dec 17, 2018

Hello, 

I'm the Fecru admin of our company. I hope team leaders can manage the repositories and projects by themselves. 

Do we have some way to grant permission to create projects for users/groups without granting full admin privilage?

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tamas Csabina Jan 16, 2019

Hi,

On the Global Permission page (http://server/fisheye/plugins/servlet/admin/globalpermissions) there is a checkbox that enables/disables repository creation for certain groups.

Create a dedicated group for team leaders, and enable the repository creation for that group.

Hope this helps...

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ben Stuart Atlassian Team Feb 13, 2019

Hi Mark,

This is available for repositories, but not projects. It looks like Tames already addressed repositories, but here is the feature request for projects: 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-8219

Please vote and watch the feature request! :)

Mark.Yu I'm New Here Feb 13, 2019

Hello, 

Voted, thanks for your information.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing subtasks for breaking down work in next-gen projects

Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...

8,334 views 25 37
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you