How to get value "branched from" via REST API

Baa Dg October 23, 2017

Hello!

We use Crucible (as another product - JIRA) for many years, and now I'm doing some automation... I need to get the same value which is shown in Crucible UI in detailed review info under the field name "Branched from" but with Crucible REST API. I know CSID of review. Even branch (when review is branch-based). But how to find branch from which review's branch was cloned? Usually it's "master" (I'm talking about Git only), but not always, sure.

I tried "rest-service-fe/commit-graph-v1/slice/" REST API call but it does not help.

1. I don't know how deeply I must to dig into the history? ("size" parameter)
  2. When I find "point of cloning" (i.e. "branches" list length is more than one item) - I don't know which branch to get as "branched from" value from this list. There are several branches in this list
  3. Will this method work if I rename branch... I can rename branch remotely, right?

How Crucible find this value, i.e. "Branched from"? How to do the same with REST?

1 answer

0 votes
shukron February 6, 2018

I wonder the same thing... How did you get the branch name itself though? I can't figure out even that...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events