Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change crucible 3.7.4 DB connection without starting the fisheye service?

Deleted user February 2, 2018

Hi!

I want to create a test system for Crucible (currently 3.7.4, it will be the base to migrate to the latest version!) from an existing production system using MS SQL Server as the external database without doing export/import the data from/to the db.

Just copying the application to a new machine and backup/restore the db data using MS SQL Studio.

The only step I'm missing is how to tweak the db connection to the new DB w/o starting the Fisheye service having it accessing the original db first to switch the connection from the Admin form.

Any hint?

Regards

Harald

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

Dear @[deleted],

there should be a config.xml file that carries the db connection details, isn't it?

So long

Thomas

Deleted user February 4, 2018

We had that in for version 3.1.1, but after migration 3.7.4 it's no more in the config.xml file. I did not find any documentation that if I put the tag in again it will preceed the setting already existing in the system. I'm wondering where the system gets the setting at all now.

Regards

Harald

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

Dear @[deleted],

I have access to a Fisheye version 4.2.1, not below. I'll have a look and report back ...

So long

Thomas

Deleted user February 5, 2018

Sorry! I've to apologize to bother you with such a silly thing.

Due to the automatic change on adding the repositories there obviously came in

a long row of blank lines making me thing the config.xml has ended, but on the very

bottom of the document I finally found the database connection entry.

You're absolutely right. The connection is in the config.xml file!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events