Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add banners to top and bottom of fisheye

Erik Van Norstrand September 5, 2012

I am looking for a way to add a banner to the top and bottom of every fisheye page that would say something to the effect of:

This system is a development system and not for production use

The banner would need to have a background color of orange and a text color of yellow (I didn't pick the colors!)

I have googled and searched the knowledge board, and can't find any information about changing banners. If anyone has ideas please let me know!

4 answers

0 votes
Athanasios Bladis May 8, 2017

Hello together,

how can i set a banner in Fisheye Crucible without a Announcement Banner Plugin and also without a Welcome Message. i found out that on Confluence its very easy and i m searching for a same simple way to configure it.

BR

Sakis

BMW AG

0 votes
David Grierson December 1, 2013

You may want to vote for CRUC-5201 if this feature is still important to you.

0 votes
Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2012

I have been wondering this too.

On a similar note, does anyone know if there is an option to put a banner in Crucible?

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Crucible is integrated into Fisheye, so it should be the same changes across both of them

0 votes
Nawaz Quadri September 5, 2012

As far as I know there is no concept of banner in fisheye. However, fisheye provides an option to add a customised welcome message. You can put your message by navigating to administrator>Front page customisation.

If you are ok to put your message in the footer (which appears in every page of fisheye), you can edit the footer file available in <fecru-installation-directory>/content/WEB-INF/tags/cru/footer.tag

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2012

Neither of these worked on Fisheye 2.7.11. I tried to use the Customized to just put a short comment to test it out and nothing happened. I added the <div class> to the footer.tag file (which was empty to start with) and nothing changed. I even restarted my Fisheye and that still didn't update the page with any kind of "banner"

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2017

the footer.tag file (which was empty to start with) 

It seems that you used standard FishEye/Crucible installer, which contains pre-compiled JSP files. This is a reason why all *.jsp / *.tag files are empty. Modification of them will have no effect.

You have to use JSP source build of FishEye/Crucible. You can find a download link on your my.atlassian.com account, under condition that you have a commercial FishEye/Crucible license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events