Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I prevent all AD groups from being listed in Reviewers list in Crucible?

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

When creating a Crucible review, all groups present in Active Directory appear in the drop-down list when I start typing in the Reviewers field.  I only want members of a single AD group to be visible.   I have restricted login to this single group, and set the group as the default reviewers.  However I can still see ALL active directory groups (see screenshot).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikolaj Zyromski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2017

Hi Pete,

I'm afraid that's behavior that cannot be changed. Although there is a "Allowed review participants" setting for a project, all the groups are shown in the reviewers dropdown. Please take look at the following issue comment for a rationale: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-7877

I believe the system works as expected here. When adding a group of reviewers to the review, one would see all the groups listed in the dropdown, even the groups that are not explicitly listed in "Allowed review participants" in project settings. This is because one user can belong to more than one group, also some directories allow nested groups where group2 can be a member of group1.

Because of that when picking up group of reviewers to be added to the review, Crucible would allow any group to be selected. But when any group is picked, only those members who are directly (particular named user allowed) or indirectly (user belongs to any group that is allowed for this project) allowed would be added as reviewers.

I'm afraid there are two mutually exclusive expectations here and we decided to go with the option of showing all the groups. Please keep in mind that after selecting a group the "Allowed participants" settings are respected and only allowed users and group can be actually added as reviewers.

Best Regards,

Mikołaj Żyromski

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events