How do I bulk-close old crucible reviews?

Cormac Twomey August 17, 2011

Hi,

We have approximately 300 old review tickets open which I'd like to close out, but despite being administrator I seem to be unable to do this - AFAICT only the original author can do this? I have even tried to do this via the rest api, but the "action:closeReview" transition is not available to me - in fact, no transitions are available to me for any review I did not originate, despite having administrative privileges.

I also tried using the /close action, but this also failed due to permissions:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><error><code>Authorization</code><message>Crucible unauthorised action.</message><stacktrace>com.atlassian.crucible.spi.services.AuthorizationException: Crucible unauthorised action.
at com.cenqua.crucible.model.managers.impl.DefaultReviewManager.changeState(DefaultReviewManager.java:951)
at com.atlassian.crucible.spi.impl.DefaultReviewService$28.doInTransaction(DefaultReviewService.java:1633)
...etc

I would love to have an answer to this, either a facility through the UI or via api.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

Look at your permission schemes (administrator) and find the one used for your project. Edit it and add permission for administrator to close issues.

Cormac Twomey August 17, 2011

That worked, thanks - although I needed to grant myself close permission explicitly - I couldn't see a way to blanket-grant this permission to "administrators". As we have several admins, it would be preferable just to grant to anyone with admin privileges. Is this possible?

Thanks again, --Cormac

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2011

Create a group like fisheye-administrators and go do Admin menu -> Administrators to make this group an admin group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events