How can I link Stash and Fisheye Permissions

Jason Caylor July 13, 2014

Is there currently any implementation that will provide functionality for synchronizing permissions from Stash repositories and projects to Fisheye repositories and projects? I'm honestly a little surprised that this is not the default behavior for these products. It seems fisheye by default exposes all code regardless of the permissions set for the repository in stash. I would like to manage the permissions for the repositoies in a single location.

1 answer

0 votes
TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2014

Hi Jason,

There isn't currently an out-of-the-box solution for this, though it sounds like a very reasonable feature request! I'd recommend raising an issue in the FishEye project at https://jira.atlassian.com

In the meantime, assuming you have the same userbase backing both servers and you don't mind getting your hands dirty with some java development, you could synchronize permissions over by implementing a FishEye plugin that pulls permissions from the Stash REST API and updates them in FishEye using the RepositoryAdminService. That said, permission graphs are fairly complicated beasts and FishEye only supports binding permissions to groups, whereas Stash supports both users and groups, so implementing such a plugin would not be a trivial undertaiking.

Hope this helps, sorry I don't have a better solution for you at this time.

cheers,

Tim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events