How To Create A Review For A Feature Branch In SVN

I've created a branch from trunk to work on a new feature. I've done some work & made various commits. I now want to get a review of what I've changed. But I can't for the live of me figure out how to do it!

I've seen in other answers that Atlassian decided not to let you select a branch & use that to generate a review. You have to select individual changes for example. But even that way, I don't get what I'd expect.

So for example, I've attempted to create my review by doing the following to add content:

1. Filter changeset showing my branch name. This will show me say 5 changes
  2. I add each of these to the review. The very first one is the change where I created my branch from copying my code from trunk into a branch. The rest will be various code changes
  3. Hitting done & seeing what's there.

What I will have in my review at this point is all the code I have created/changed in my review. But in the relevant files, it won't show the lines changed from trunk.

Is there a step I'm missing? Cheers for any input.

1 answer

Have you tried selecting the "Diffs to last branch point..." option from "Add to Review as:" By default this is set to Diffs, only showing the diff relative to previous commit.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Marketplace Apps

You + one app + a desert island...

Hi all! My name is Miles and I work on the Marketplace team. We’re looking for better ways to recommend and suggest apps that are truly crowd favorites, so of course we wanted to poll the Community. ...

123 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you