Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Fisheye/Crucible
  • Questions
  • Hey, I'm using Crucible with a "pre-commit workflow". If I put the Crucible ID/URL in my commit message will Crucible register that commit as being reviewed in the project statistics section? I ask cause it currently does not on my setup.

Hey, I'm using Crucible with a "pre-commit workflow". If I put the Crucible ID/URL in my commit message will Crucible register that commit as being reviewed in the project statistics section? I ask cause it currently does not on my setup.

Justice McCullum July 29, 2015

asked to @Atlassian on Twitter

3 answers

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2015

Hi Matthew,

Pre-commit reviews are currently not included in code coverage reports, and the corresponding commits are not marked as reviewed.

There's a feature request for that at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-5706, but implementing that might be tricky and not always accurate.

However a way of associating a commit with a review through the commit message would be fairly simple to implement, and actually might be useful in some other use cases - like rebases in DVCSes, where the original commits were reviewed, but a different set of commits were merged finally.

I've raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-7348 to track that idea. Please watch it, vote for the feature, and let us know if that would help your use case.

Cheers,

Łukasz

0 votes
Matthew Cunningham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2015
0 votes
Justice McCullum July 29, 2015

The only commit message processing native to Crucible is done by Smart Commits which permit creating a review, adding reviewers to a review, and updating an existing review. Smart Commits are only processed after the repo receives them so this doesn't have anything to do with pre-commits. If the code isn't in the system then I don't think this would count in the review coverage report.

Matthew Cunningham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 29, 2015

I submitted this question on Twitter yesterday. I didn't know about this Q/A site. I'm asking if I commit my code, which has been code reviewed and I subsequently go onto include the url or code review id in the SVN commit message; when Crucible indexes said new commit will it associate the code committed with the code reviewed and then count that as reviewed code under the code review report area? As I said, I'm not seeing that behavior, which would seem fundamental to me if I wanted to implement a "pre-commit workflow".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events