Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye

David Couillard February 22, 2018

We're importing projects from another Jira instance at another division by:

• exporting the issues from the source into a csv,
  • creating the projects in the target
  • massaging the csv (custom fields etc.)
  • importing the issues from the csv to the target

We're using this method as source and target are on different Jira versions and we don't want to import all at once, just project by project when the project is quiet/ready.

Source uses Fisheye, target does not, nor does the target location have Fisheye.   What do I need on the target as the add-on says "These add-ons are integral parts of your JIRA application(s). They cannot be disabled or uninstalled".

I'm not sure exactly what that means as there appears to be an associated cost to purchase Fisheye.

Do I need to purchase Fisheye, which is a yearly cost to incur, and the one time cost for the plug-in?

What else is needed?

tia

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2018

Dear @David Couillard,

I don't get it completely. Fisheye doesn't modify Jira issues. It is Jira, that is questioning Fisheye, If it has some issue keys found in the commit comment. Then this information is display in the issue.

You should be able to drive your second instance after the import without Fisheye.

The Fisheye plugin, shipped with Jira is integrated, but dosn't hurt if there is no Fisheye available.

So long

Thomas

David Couillard February 22, 2018

Hi @Thomas Deiler,

Thank you for the response.  I'm still not clear if I need to make an additional purchase of Fisheye.

The users from the source Jira instance in the other division still want to use Fisheye.  Ideally the change to them would simply be a different Jira instance to use as they'll have accounts in the target. However we currently don't have, or use Fisheye with the target Jira instance, but want to be sure they still can. 

I read where Fisheye is integrated into Jira, but what does that mean exactly?  Do we have to purchase Fisheye also, or as it's integrated does that mean the functionality is present and we just need to configure it?  

Regards,

David

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2018

Dear @David Couillard,

Fisheye is not part of Jira. Just the connector is integrated.

You do not need to purchase Fisheye a second time. You can link Fisheye to the target Jira, too:

FishEye can link to more than one JIRA server at a time, so different teams can work with their own projects in different JIRA Software instances, or a single team can link to issues across multiple JIRA Software servers.

(from this article)

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events